During the holiday season shopping takes on a whole new meaning. For some it means hundreds of friends and family members that are going to require gifts. For others, it means throwing on eight layers of clothes, hat, boots, and gloves just to make it from the car to the store.
The holiday season also combines the joy of buying things with the task of juggling time and budgets. Sometimes that means that shopping at home is the only way to get it done, other times is means picking out the perfect gift requires seeing it in person. Either way there are advantages to both shopping online and shopping in the store.
Shopping Online vs. Shopping In Store
1. Comfort and Ease- Many people prefer shopping online because it can be done from the privacy of their homes. No longer a need to go out in the cold or heat because now it’s possible to shop till you drop, from the couch or even in the bathtub.
2. Selection- Because online shopping usually requires factory direct shipping, the shopper will have a greater chance of a larger selection of products and less chance that something will have been sold out.
3. Savings- When shopping on line the shopper does not have to drive from store to store which saves money of gas, as well as, time. For many soccer mom’s and dad’s savings means being in two places at once, such as, shopping for billy’s new coat while waiting outside practice
1. Seeing is Believing- Some products cannot be purchased just by looking, such as, shirts, pants, or undergarments. They require the purchaser to be in store to ensure good fitting.
2. Savings- Even though online can be cheaper, it still requires a shipping and handling fee, which in store shoppers are not subject to.
3. Store Help- Store help is offered for everything from product opinions to price matching. Online does not provide store help.